Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song 1
Mix of Song 1

.mp3    JavaJiveSong1_2-004.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

.mp3    JavaJiveSong1_2-006.mp3 --  (Download: 9.3 MB)

sent snare and hat sidechains to bass to try and control the spill. I stubbornly wanted to try that. The bass is a little stumpy because of the heavy compression on the snare hits. I put a stick in for a snare replacement and am blending that in. Violin is too loud.

----------------------------

The one on the bottom with the 006, is one that I lowered the violin and I let the bass track have the drum spill and just let it be. I also tweaked various eq's.
Hi, on version 006
- the double bass has a good round sound but the cut off bleed is cutting off the natural sound as well the "added something" to the drums, in terms of natural acoustic tail.
- I think you need to absolutely find a way to get the brushed snare in more prominently.
- everything is nearly mono, placed in the stereo image L C or R. Especially the piano that should need a wide stereo image to show full range expression. Also the drums are mono center (or near so). Not sure what is the reasoning behind.
Hope this helps.
cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
(06-10-2015, 09:39 PM)Lammy Wrote: Hi, on version 006
- the double bass has a good round sound but the cut off bleed is cutting off the natural sound as well the "added something" to the drums, in terms of natural acoustic tail.
- I think you need to absolutely find a way to get the brushed snare in more prominently.
- everything is nearly mono, placed in the stereo image L C or R. Especially the piano that should need a wide stereo image to show full range expression. Also the drums are mono center (or near so). Not sure what is the reasoning behind.
Hope this helps.
cheers

So do you mean the piano and maybe other tracks should be not only on one side but all around, panned to both sides?