Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'Mix Rescue' mix
Here's the mix I did of this track for Sound On Sound magazine's July 2011 'Mix Rescue' column, using only Cockos Reaper and a variety of third-party plug-ins. I took quite a large role in the arrangement on this production, and collaborated with the Studio Pros on-line overdubs service to fill out some of the guitar parts too. This remix actually got Signe quite a bit of airplay in Canada last year, so hopefully we'll be hearing more from her in future!

.mp3    1107_Remix.mp3 --  (Download: 3.66 MB)

This is really a mix to learn from.
I ' ve downloaded the multitracks of the "edited excerpt" part,
and i will try to emulate your sound, at the level i can.

I mostly like that you can hear the lead vocals so much clear, inside all this punchiness, especially at the chorus.
Hi Dimitris,

Looking forward to hearing what you come with on this Pop song, I wrestled with it and found it very challenging.

Vinnie
(22-06-2012, 09:27 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: Here's the mix I did of this track for Sound On Sound magazine's July 2011 'Mix Rescue' column, using only Cockos Reaper and a variety of third-party plug-ins. I took quite a large role in the arrangement on this production, and collaborated with the Studio Pros on-line overdubs service to fill out some of the guitar parts too. This remix actually got Signe quite a bit of airplay in Canada last year, so hopefully we'll be hearing more from her in future!

Hi Mike!
I also post my mix using Cockos Reaper, but I'm failed to imitate on what you did on a noisy kick, is it ok to use Drumagog to replace kick sound, can you give me some advice. Thank You Rolleyes
(23-04-2013, 05:35 AM)Ferds Wrote: is it ok to use Drumagog to replace kick sound, can you give me some advice.

Yes. In my opinion, the end always justifies the means as far as mixing's concerned. If you can get a better sound for the mix by firing up Drumagog, then go right ahead. In fact, having just referred back to the Mix Rescue article to remind myself what I did, I also retriggered a kick-drum sample to get around the nasty glitching on the original kick track.

Funnily enough, I thought I'd actually uploaded my whole Reaper session file for that track, but it looks like I didn't. I'll see if I can drag it out of the vaults for you and post it, so that you can have a closer look at my settings if you like the results I got. Might take a few weeks to get round to it, though...