Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektakulatius: 'Christmas Blues'
If you are not in the mood for Christmas yet after seeing some shop decorations already, here's my mix to help you out Big Grin

I've tried to give it just a little bit of a retro sound by adding more reverb than usual; but at the same time, I also wanted to give it an actual sound. So here it is!

As usual, comments and advice for improvement will be welcomed!

.mp3    Spektakulatius - Christmas Blues.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Sounds very retro in a good way. Groove is very good. And that's the main in thing in old rock.

Background vox is only thing that doesn’t fit this otherwise nice old sound. It comes more from the left. It might work in mono/almost mono.

The guitar feels quite distant in solo, but in basic verses feels just right. Open up the close mic, to make it to take the place of vox. I know it's not there, but the effect might be good.

All in all, I like it very much.
Yes, you were right about the backvocals. Now I think they are more left/right balanced and I've also tried to make them sit better in the mix.

About the guitars, I only heard a distant guitar in the beginning, so I've applied a different treatment than the rest of the song. So I made a slight change of ambience in order to make the song less predictable.

Thank you for the tips!! Wink

.mp3    Spektakulatius - Christmas Blues(2).mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

mixing since April 2013