Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRAY FOR THE RAIN by NERVE9
HI THERE MIX GURUS!!!! Here's my own mix (well my own interpretation mix)
of Nerve9's PRAY FOR THE RAIN. What a beautiful song. Please feel free to comment. Opinions are most welcome. I am willing to listen and learn.Smile

.mp3    PRAY FOR THE RAIN by NERVE9.mp3 --  (Download: 5.25 MB)

I decided this one to be have more reverb on most instruments particularly on vocals and drums, to create the atmosphere that I think would fit the song. I got an issue one the start of the song . I don't know what it is but it wasn't there before I rendered it to mp3. Any help ? I would be very pleased to learn.
Hello there. First thigns first...That sound at the beggining could be that you've the whole song looped and when it bounced took some fx from the tail...sound definetly like something like that. Overall the song sounds pretty nice, but the choice of reverbs doesnt seem to fit to me...Firstly it'd be interesting to choose similar eq sometimes so all the instruments seems to be in a similar space. Then the one for the drums it's too short and with a lot of early ref so some of the hits sounds a bit like flams....eq'ing drums and voice reverbs will work here because all the low and high end make the mix a lot messy, u'll definetly have a more transparent mix that way.

Cheers

Ak3r
(07-12-2015, 10:36 AM)Ak3r Wrote: Hello there. First thigns first...That sound at the beggining could be that you've the whole song looped and when it bounced took some fx from the tail...sound definetly like something like that. Overall the song sounds pretty nice, but the choice of reverbs doesnt seem to fit to me...Firstly it'd be interesting to choose similar eq sometimes so all the instruments seems to be in a similar space. Then the one for the drums it's too short and with a lot of early ref so some of the hits sounds a bit like flams....eq'ing drums and voice reverbs will work here because all the low and high end make the mix a lot messy, u'll definetly have a more transparent mix that way.

Cheers

Ak3r
Thank you Ak3r. I'll check it out .
New mix for Pray for the rain by Nerve 9. I hope you like it

.mp3    pray for rain.mp3 --  (Download: 5.25 MB)