Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Al James - Schoolboy Fascination
It's a great Song and it was a lot of fun for me, to tweak it.
I hope you'll like it! Smile
Comments to this are very welcome! Wink

.mp3    AlJames - Schoolboy Fascination.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

First of all I was really surprised by the intro. It was pretty cool how you arranged it. I don't know what you did to the voice though, it somehow sounds a bit awkward to me, probably its something with the EQ settings. Apart from that I didnt find much to criticize, all sounds clean and natural. Cheers
I Like your mix cool vocal intro ,I haven't tried this one yet, just some thoughts while enjoying listening.
Can hear some low end buildup in the intro, maybe a touch less bottom end on the low octave vocal and keys but not a big deal.
With the snare, Can hear a boxy resonance poking out of the mix a touch ,I did a quick sweep with parametric a narrow q parametric and found a maybe dip at around 223-225 hz might do the trick to tame it just to sit in the mix better.
Good job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(15-11-2015, 07:45 AM)NicolasSchade Wrote: First of all I was really surprised by the intro. It was pretty cool how you arranged it. I don't know what you did to the voice though, it somehow sounds a bit awkward to me, probably its something with the EQ settings. Apart from that I didnt find much to criticize, all sounds clean and natural. Cheers

Thanks man! Yeah, I had to fight a lot with the leadvocals because they were pretty sizzily around 6-10k and I hat to cut a lot there, and at some parts like at the beginning, these frequencies missed...
Thanks for reply!
Greets
(15-11-2015, 08:51 AM)thedon Wrote: I Like your mix cool vocal intro ,I haven't tried this one yet, just some thoughts while enjoying listening.
Can hear some low end buildup in the intro, maybe a touch less bottom end on the low octave vocal and keys but not a big deal.
With the snare, Can hear a boxy resonance poking out of the mix a touch ,I did a quick sweep with parametric a narrow q parametric and found a maybe dip at around 223-225 hz might do the trick to tame it just to sit in the mix better.
Good job Big Grin

Thank you for reply!
It was a long process to tweak the vocals and I'm a bit
dissatisfied about it but I will try out your Version!
In case of the snare, I let some more of the bottom end in the mix because it's pretty high pitch, but now when I listen, I know what you ment it's kinda disturbing...
I'll fix that