Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A wonderful song to mix
I love this song, it was a joy to mix and is a joy to listen to.
I hope I did it some justice.

/C

.mp3    PrayForTheRain.mp3 --  (Download: 13.04 MB)

Hi Cassandra

Thanks so much ! Your comment made our day. Thanks for mixing the track ! I listened to your mix and it felt really solid. Really thought the drums sounded great. I did like your vocal treatment, and I was anticipating at the chorus, some of the body would be brought back for impact - this may be a taste comment. If your first verse or bridge had that treatment I think it would work. Curious if you had a reference track as I liked the vibe !

Cheers and thanks again !

Thomas
Hi Thomas, Glad You enjoyed my mix and took the time to listen. For your curiosity I had no reference track as such, it would be all the thousands of powerballads I've been listening to in my life :-)
I always start with a rough mix to get a feeling for the song, then I start the painting :-)
Really nice to se that you really listened to most of the tracks here and also give good feedbacks to all of them. I'm sure it is highly appreciated.

All the best
Cassandra
I'm happy to do it Cassandra - I get a lot of learning out of it too as I listen to the different approaches. I am also happy to provide feedback as a client proxy - what changes I would ask for essentially if I had enlisted someone to mix it for me. Hopefully it is helpful Smile

Cheers

Thomas

The drums were perfect... Only the vocals need a bit more thicness I think.. Otherwise its a good mix.... Nice job Smile

Please listen to my version of the mix.. I think you would give a true feedback.... Smile Thanks Smile
(27-11-2015, 11:23 PM)raghav330 Wrote: The drums were perfect... Only the vocals need a bit more thicness I think.. Otherwise its a good mix.... Nice job Smile

Please listen to my version of the mix.. I think you would give a true feedback.... Smile Thanks Smile

Thank You Raghav :-)
I am pretty pleased with the mix myself, don't think I will start working on the vocals anymore, maybe some day I will go back and remix some of my early mixes.
Sure I will go and give some feedback back :-)

Thx
/C