Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is You Is - HB Mix
My mix

.mp3    Is You Is Or Is You Ain\'t_HB Mix 1.0 Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Nothing to add, but one small tweak-idea came to my mind, and it has nothing to do with a quality of your mix:
bass is nicely dark and has a wonderful low end, but some double bass players might want to hear just a little bit more the sound of wood. (Somewhere around 900 hz, but not from DI mic??) THere's probably a reason they keep carrying that too big wooden instrument everywhere... And now that it came to my mind, my own mix may suffer from that problem also. On the other, why should we do mix for double bass players?
(11-09-2015, 12:01 PM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Thank you Olli...that made my day Big Grin
(11-09-2015, 12:01 PM)Olli H Wrote: Nothing to add, but one small tweak-idea came to my mind, and it has nothing to do with a quality of your mix:
bass is nicely dark and has a wonderful low end, but some double bass players might want to hear just a little bit more the sound of wood. (Somewhere around 900 hz, but not from DI mic??)

I agree.... I wasn't 100% happy with the bass sound...I always go looking for those upper harmonics to balance the bottom end....but in this case I think my mistake may have been to only look in the blend of DI and Mic. Using your suggestion I did a quick experiment by boosting the eq @860hz (very close to 900!) on the mic component only of the blend - and it sounds much better.

I will make sure that change is in version 2

Cheers, Simon

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar