Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come Around MIX again but.. not exactly
Hey,

I'm new here, my friend recommended me this site and I decide to mix this song for fun. What do you think? Do like TAMB like a bell or this time it's better?
I know you may feel tired of listening still the same.. but be patient, this time a few surprises awaiting for you and I hope you'll like it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
KruQ

.mp3    contest mix LEAF 2_max.mp3 --  (Download: 9.28 MB)

I'm interested in what you did to the drums. Lots of compression for sure, but parallel processing? Augmented a bit with samples?
Like the above poster said, I'm interested in the drums as well.. gives it a very dark feel. Almost like you added an aux track with the whole kit octaved down. Really cool to hear a different flavor though. The general balance is pretty good. I think with a little taming of the 40z and below you could really push this track harder into the master limiter and squeeze every last drop of energy out of it. Very good job on the creative end of things. You are very talented.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Also if you get a chance could you take a listen to my mix? I'd like to hear what people think: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=16482

Thanks
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650