Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Opener
Hi Folks,
Here's a quick mix, nice dry recording and arrangement and good tone variation within the brass. Influenced by recordings of Harry James that I like, probably my favorite band leader. Love mixing these tracks, great fun.
Dave.

.mp3    Lindy Hip Big Band_The Opener.mp3 --  (Download: 5.96 MB)

Nice mix man, but I think your piano is a bit hot at parts. It's just a tad distracting at parts. I like the rest of your balancing, though. Maybe the highs on the overheads are just a whisker to bright??

Really nice work overall.
(05-09-2015, 06:37 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Nice mix man, but I think your piano is a bit hot at parts. It's just a tad distracting at parts. I like the rest of your balancing, though. Maybe the highs on the overheads are just a whisker to bright??

Nice version I like it,getting the piano to sit in the mix I'm finding a good challenge Big Grin.
Good job

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(05-09-2015, 06:37 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Nice mix man, but I think your piano is a bit hot at parts. It's just a tad distracting at parts. I like the rest of your balancing, though. Maybe the highs on the overheads are just a whisker to bright??

Thanks for the feedback. Totally agree with the piano, might try some volume automation on it.
(06-09-2015, 05:05 AM)thedon Wrote:

Nice version I like it,getting the piano to sit in the mix I'm finding a good challenge Big Grin.
Good job
Thanks Don, Yeah the piano seems to get masked over when competing with the brass in spots. Have to keep working at it. All good fun. Lovin' this jazz Cool
Very nice mix. Great balance and overall sound. I don't even agree with the piano being to loud at parts (but maybe thats because I'm a pianist Tongue )
(25-10-2015, 04:21 PM)Stefanos Ioannou Wrote: Very nice mix. Great balance and overall sound. I don't even agree with the piano being to loud at parts (but maybe thats because I'm a pianist Tongue )

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't listened to this track for month or so now. With fresh "ears" the piano doesn't seem too bad. I might try roll some top end off it a little with eq just to sit it back a bit in the mix without turning it down. Thanks again.