Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Elder & Mark M Thompon, The English Actor,
i thought i will try to add more energy to this track,haven,t quite nailed the backing vocals pitch,hope you guys like it and please leave comments.

.mp3    James Elder & Mark M Thompson,The English Actor.mp3 --  (Download: 7.64 MB)

Any comments please?
So many views but no comments! Is it a good mix or a bad one?
I like your mix ,sounds well balanced ,another one i have to give another try.

Maybe a touch less vocal compression in the verse as the dynamic range sounds a little restricted ,which is probably a personal taste thing.
Good job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks thedon for your review once again, because of what you suggested about compression on the vocals as a preference I think I will leave it, thanks very much.
Hi!
Really nice mix. The ballance volume and tonal ballance is near perfect in this one. Good job!
4 little things I might suggest:
1. More punch - this song is asking for more punchy drums, even if this might be a bit too much - this song is about the punch Big Grin
It can be achieved by quick attack and quick release time on the drums compressor or bigger parallel compression. Please try Smile
2. More excitment on the chorus - a bit louder and bigger - check out the unmixed version on the website - the chorus is much more powerful there which I miss a bit in your mix. Open the drums and put that punch up to eleven Big Grin
3. Vocals on the bridge - they sound unglued with the rest. Also the effect on the vocals (originaly recorded) is really hard to handle and putting the vocals only on one side just increases the dissonance with the rest of the tracks, so maybe try to do it wider on both speakers (use some panning software)
4. It's a personal thing but I'm not a big fan of kick and snare not being in the center of the track Tongue

Again great mix, a bit too static but still good job!
Cheers!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Thanks mate.