Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May - Hold On You
Another nice James May song. And fun to only have to deal with nine tracksSmile

I've added a mix with the vox level a little lower. I do think this sound more cohesiveSmile

.mp3    jamesMAyHoldOnYou.mp3 --  (Download: 7.81 MB)

.mp3    jamesMay Lo-vox.mp3 --  (Download: 7.81 MB)

Is the vox a bit too loud?they seem a bit to forward and not sitting too well in the mix.
I could be the vox are pretty dry compared to the rest of the music.
Good balance overall tho
Yeah I felt the vox was buried in the ref. mix so i probably over compensated a touch. Id rather err on the side of too much vox than not enough.
For me it just stood out too much instantly
Listening to low vox version ,sounds great i like it a lot.
Good job with the drums and you have managed to make good use of the stereo field and manage to keep the center sounding full.
The strumming of panned acoustic is just jumping out just a touch mainly on headphones !
Good job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

undefined
Nothing fishy about this mix. Only thing I would say is that main vocal is too dry, but you did good job with instruments.
Hi Nos

Great sounding mix , Kick drum to me seems to mask the bass a couple of times on my cans as I think the bass rhythm should be no 1 on this , slide leads are a notch to loud to me ,seems to not blend in as smooth and jump out on phones, Great vocal balance

Memphis
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/