Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold On You (Mixed in 2 Hours)
This is my first post on this site!
After following The Recording Revolution for some time, I have decided to start "Speed Mixing", which Graham believe is a better way to get better.
So I did this mix in exactly 2 hours, which is a very short time for me. I usually spend 10 hours+. I think I did pretty well on this mix, but I regret that I didn't make any automation;
and the bass could maybe have needed a multiband compressor for the low mid-range.. or what do you think?
I hope to get some feedback. Smile

Thanks in advance - Jimmie

.mp3    Hold On You Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.87 MB)

Hey, great to see someone following The Recording Revolution. I learned a lot from Graham.
One advice for the 2nd mix. Do not use close mic snare track, it has too much hi frequencies in it.
Good guitars and nice bass I can hear in your mix. If your first mix is that good, imagine how good is gonna by your 101st mix.
(27-08-2015, 08:11 PM)Obelix Wrote: Hey, great to see someone following The Recording Revolution. I learned a lot from Graham.
One advice for the 2nd mix. Do not use close mic snare track, it has too much hi frequencies in it.
Good guitars and nice bass I can hear in your mix. If your first mix is that good, imagine how good is gonna by your 101st mix.

Hey. Thanks for your feedback Obelix. I'll take a look at it!
He is great! Have you seen the first 3 videos in the 1 hour mix series? They are certainly worth the time.
It's not my first, but the first I post on this site. I guess it's my 15th or so Smile
sounds great!
(27-08-2015, 08:58 PM)Aresfin Wrote: sounds great!

Thanks for your feedback Aresfin Smile
Sounds great to me. Pannings and balance feel just right to me.

I thing the band sounds great and vox sounds great, but their interaction is not yet optimal.

I feel that vox could be slightly louder, to get feeling that band is supporting it.
Now its a Great Band with a singer. But in this particular case I would love to feel it as The Ultimate Singer with a band. Maybe also check that million dollar nyances of singer vox are not masked by any instrument.

With another singer I would say that your mix is just perfect the way it is.
Hi Jimmie "Juice"! Good mix!

Maybe some more buttom on the bass, and remove a little mud between kick and bass. I like your stereo image, good work man!

I agree with Olli H. , But Hey 2 hours... That is seriously good work. Keep it up!