Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Lokke - Promises & Lies kapu mix
Constructed a nice intro for the song. ^_^

.m4a    johnny_lokke_-_promises_&_lies_kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 12.13 MB)

.m4a    johnny_lokke_-_promises_lies_kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 11.96 MB)

Like the intro ,Just a couple of thing that come to mind while listening on monitors and Hd 600's,would love to hear Johnny's awesome voice scream could come up more at 0.26.The bass guitar is jumping out in some frequencies .I think i had to do a Parametric eq notch around 130hz with a narrow q to tame the bass resonance in the verse when the bass is playing the C and about 145Hz in the Chorus 1.14 when the D note is playing.The kick has a lot of energy in the low end below 30hz and mid bass around 110Hz also maybe competing with the bass.
Good Job
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks for your feedback. I did this in hurry. I actually have quite strong cuts (126hz) and multiband compression on the bass on that particular frequency area, maybe should have been a bit more accurate. I tweaked the overall sound for ridiculously high listening levels, and with my room acoustics I have no way of telling what's really going on below 200 hz at high SPL. Tried to make some educated guesses with pair of HD 280 Pros and DT 880 Pros, which I think are pretty decent, but I just suck at judging sound with headphones.
I did a new version. Used maul-the-band compressor extensively and tried to get the master RMS level above the master peak level, but failed miserably. Eventually I was satisfied when I got the frequency response to look like pink noise in the analyzer.
Hi Kapu.
I Love it ,excellent sounding mix Big Grin

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(14-02-2016, 11:07 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Kapu.
I Love it ,excellent sounding mix Big Grin

Cheers

Tank you! Although I feel I'm not getting any Dynamic Range Day nominations with this one - measured 0.9 "dBs" dynamic range on the LU scale and a 2.7 crest factor. ^_^