Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Believe - Acoustic & Strings Version
Here is my take on the recent song provided by I Am Cassettes.

Some changes to the provided arrangement and, more noticeably, I dropped the drums as it didn't seem to go with the style of the song.

Stream and 44.1/16 download also at: https://soundcloud.com/jeffd42/believe-acoustic-version

Appreciate your comments.

.mp3    Believe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
hello,

an interesting idea, but without a rhythm at all to help progress the song, it feels somewhat naked to me. perhaps if there were other elements in the arrangement with percussive rhythmic properties you might have got away with it? bravo for trying a different perspective though and thinking outside of the box, so to speak.

Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
(22-08-2015, 08:50 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: An interesting idea, but without a rhythm at all to help progress the song, it feels somewhat naked to me. perhaps if there were other elements in the arrangement with percussive rhythmic properties you might have got away with it?

Thank you for your comments! Hopefully the acoustic guitar, bass, and staccato strings can stand in for the drums at various points to provide forward movement in the song. But I agree, it's a much more laid back presentation without the drums.
Updated mix, better frequency balance.

.mp3    Believe.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)