Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need feedback for the contest please
Hi all

It was a true pleasure to mix this one ! I will participate to the contest, we'll see what will happen Wink

So can you please give me some feedback ? I will do the same of course as soon as I have some minutes.

Thanks a lot !

.mp3    Believe Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.17 MB)

Really nice mix, mandubien. At parts maybe the orchestration is a little too hot? Not by a lot, but they can feel a little dominant at the beginning of the track.

Very nicely done overall! (I would want to hear a little more low end, but as you noted that my mix has a little too much low end, take that with a grain of salt)

Cheers!

Draper
Thank you Smile

Well my wife said the strings were too much in front in the intro, so you're 2 on 2 Wink I will fix that !

Yeah when I mastered the song, I compared to Cosmic Symphony of Flying Colors, and my mix was very bright. So I EQ matched using iZotope to bring the low ends up and have less hi ends.
Nice sounding mix , mandubien i like it !
As already mentioned the strings may need just some automation or compression maybe also some piano hits .
as a Personal preference a subtle reverb on the snare to enhance the splash and tail or parralel compressed drums to bring out the ambience of the drums would sound great in your mix.
Good Job
Cheers
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Nice!
Here's V2

Strings in the first part have been lowered for some dBs, the snare reverb raised for some dBs. Some automation on the piano to make it more consistent.

.mp3    Believe Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.17 MB)

main voice should come up - there's too much good stuff going on left and right. all the important emotions are delivered by the voice, but it's taking a backseat in your mix imho (on my headphones in the office).
Well, for this kind of music, I usually like to place the voice just a bit above the rest, nothing to much like in pop music (or worse, in the french variety music... Yeah, I'm french, sorry 'bout that :p )

Hello! If you don't mind))
Maybe acoustic too close to voice
And I think, compression on snare is not from this widely sounds piece.
so that's awesome!

Hey guys !

It's been almost a year since I've posted this song, and for some reason, I decided to remix it from scratch to see if I can do better today.

I've mixed a lot of songs from this website since when, and an entire album for my band as well (we will give some songs so you will be able to practice with them).

Anyway, here's my remix. What do you think of it ?

.m4a    Believe remix.m4a --  (Download: 8.61 MB)