Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'Mix Rescue' mix
(03-04-2013, 09:10 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: Just dusted off the project and, miraculously, it appears to have loaded back in completely intact, so I'll try to get that uploaded to the library within the next couple of days.

Sadly, I'd actually reloaded the wrong project. Dodgy

Now that I've managed to load in the correct project, it's missing a few Waves plug-ins which caused such problems with Reaper at the time that I uninstalled them shortly after completing that mix. Angry

That said, I already had screens of some of those plug-ins (including the ones on all the lead-vocal channels, fortunately), so there are only a few things that I've not been able to screen-capture settings for. I've uploaded the full project and screengrabs here. If anyone who actually still has those Waves plug-ins can zap me out the remaining screengrabs on their system that'd be great -- just send them over to me and I can update the ZIP.

Let me know if anything in that project's not clear. In case you're wondering, I Melodyned all the vocals for my mix, but I removed those plug-ins once I'd bounced down the pitch-corrected audio.
Mike, Just wanted to say that the 'vocal effect without it sounding like it has been given any effects' outlined in the article is golden!
I used it for the vocals in my mix of 'Mother' and it is going to become a staple for creating up front vocals from now on.
Brilliant!
Thanks (again) for teaching this old dog a new trick

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
(07-04-2013, 11:55 PM)Dags Wrote: Mike, Just wanted to say that the 'vocal effect without it sounding like it has been given any effects' outlined in the article is golden!
I used it for the vocals in my mix of 'Mother' and it is going to become a staple for creating up front vocals from now on.
Brilliant!
Thanks (again) for teaching this old dog a new trick

No problem -- it's the least I can do! You're doing a wonderful job providing feedback for people, so I'm glad I could help you too! Smile I've just had the missing screenshots sent to me by takka, so hopefully I'll be able to update the project I uploaded in the next couple of days too if you want more in-depth info about any of the stuff I did on that mix.

Excellent. Will keep an eye out for the new/updated link.

(Will have to wait 'till I'm back at work to grab it though - even a 300MB file at home takes 4 hours to download. Coming into the city a few days a week is useful for something, at least Big Grin )
300MB file at home takes 4 hours to download,That would do my head in
It does, Takka...it really, really does. Angry
Internet here in Aus is light years behind the rest of the world
Just a quick post to say that I've updated that project-file ZIP to include the missing Waves screenshots -- thanks takka360 for sorting those out for me!
Having another listen to this and its a great mix.
Its so neat sounding,so perfect
This mix is so bloody good