Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Sheik mix
Hello everyone

Here is my mix.
I get rid of the guitars 3&4 which I found not really interesting.

To me the snare was the most difficult, I never could really make it sound the way I wanted...

Tell me what you think.

.mp3    Punk.mp3 --  (Download: 5.38 MB)

Good mix, like it. I got rid of the additional "roomy" guitar tracks too. The snare in your mix is okay and I didn't notice anything strange.

The only thing that came to my mind while listening to your mix: Turn down the backvox and bring them back in the center! The back vocals are very distracting, especially the high voice panned to the right. It's good to have so many voices to choose from but the main vocal track should always be the main attraction of this song and not just another voice in the crowd. Right now my attention jumps from the left to the right channel. It should stay in the center, following the lead vocal.

I generally don't care much about people telling me to turn things up by 1-2 db or little things like that. but this is a pop-punkrock-song and the main vocals should be the most important element of the mix, followed by drums, guitars, bass and back vox.
Thanks Blitzzz Smile

I usually pan hard left & right the back vocals to open the mix and leave place to the lead vocals in the middle. Just a matter of taste I guess.

For the snare, well, I just don't like it (I'm a drummer actually). Too thin, not enough resonance to my taste.