Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maggie May - Javi Ramallo MIX .
Hi everyone from Spain again..

This is my try about this mix.
I´m agree with Takka360, the recording is not very good but I did my best.

Again my goal has been to do it only with free software:
Reaper + a variety of free VST Plugins.

Although sure it is not very useful, my "reaper project" of this song, and all VST plugins used are available to whom it have interest.

I hope you like it, and I would greatly appreciate everyone impressions in order to improve it....

Thank you in advance.

Javi.

.mp3    ManAboutADog - MaggieMay - Javier Ramallo.mp3 --  (Download: 6.53 MB)

Signature:
All feedback and comments about the mixes will be welcome Now and in the Future.
Thank in advance for each one of them and thanks to the Site, to the community and to Mike for letting us learn everyday.
Build a coherent criterion to mix have no price.
Oh yes, it sounds good.
I think the bass drum is a little bit to loud and to dry.
The snare have not enough rim sound. A little bit more from the nature room - sound of the recording microfon from the drum kid is better.
But I think it`s a good mix !

Andi
(24-05-2013, 11:40 PM)Andi A Wrote: Oh yes, it sounds good.
I think the bass drum is a little bit to loud and to dry.
The snare have not enough rim sound. A little bit more from the nature room - sound of the recording microfon from the drum kid is better.
But I think it`s a good mix !

Andi

Really Thank You Andy! I will check all your suggestions.

Again Thank!

Signature:
All feedback and comments about the mixes will be welcome Now and in the Future.
Thank in advance for each one of them and thanks to the Site, to the community and to Mike for letting us learn everyday.
Nice sounding mix. I think the vocals could be a bit louder.
(02-06-2013, 07:32 PM)sano Wrote: Nice sounding mix. I think the vocals could be a bit louder.

Really Thank Sano! I´ll remember your suggestions...

Again Thanks!

Javier.
Signature:
Thats a creative mix, you auto panned the organ, that makes quite a diffrence and makes it easier to identify from the lap steel. Also a good idea to mute the Uh vocals till the verse is ended. For the sound your lowcuts and compression makes the separation better between the instruments than my attempt, and most levels are good, only could I wish for more lapsteel and the solo confused me, suddenly bein in the middle and the rhythm part missin in the left.
Good work !