Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Georgia Wonder
Siren

.mp3    Siren-8cDM.mp3 --  (Download: 16.41 MB)

Hey LupoPazzo, you've got the beginnings of a really good mix. Balances seem pretty well judged and aside from some midrange build from around 400 or so I like the overall spectral balance.

The mix starts out sounding nice and clean, but it loses it just a little when the acoustic guitars come in. It's a little difficult to connect with the vocals in the chorus because the brightness gets a bit swamped by the acoustics.

The gain pumping is sure as hell getting my attention, but I wonder if the compressor is grabbing the music a little too much. At least in the choruses it's a little fatiguing. Something seems to be sucking the snare deeper into the mix... it may well be the gain pumping... and that's dampening some of the punch in the choruses a little bit. The fix for that may be easy, though.. try feeding a little bit of the snare drum straight to the DAWs outputs so it bypasses the buss compression.

Overall, I like it, mate. Main potential improvements I hear are backing off on the pads so the midrange isn't cluttered and easing up on the gain reduction with your buss processing.

Good stuff!

BB.
Wow ...Thank You BB for that detailed feedback. I have to please know which mix you heard all of this in...the top or bottom(8cDM)? I will apply all of those changes and see what it does to the mix and put it up afterwards. Again much appreciated. LP

I listened to Siren-8cDM.mp3. Make sure you're checking your changes against the original... you might not agree with my opinions.
Very nice and creative mix congrats!