Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out my mix
Hello everyone. First off I have to say that this song is great. Recorded at great levels and sound quality is good. If you could take some time and listen to this mix and let me know your thoughts. Any kind of criticism would be great. Growing in my skills of editing and would love feedback. I have put up about 5 mixes and haven't heard any feedback yet. So if you could listen and critique, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

.mp3    Never Say Goodbye RokstarRoybal Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

(17-07-2015, 01:19 AM)rokstarroybal Wrote: Hello everyone. First off I have to say that this song is great. Recorded at great levels and sound quality is good. If you could take some time and listen to this mix and let me know your thoughts. Any kind of criticism would be great. Growing in my skills of editing and would love feedback. I have put up about 5 mixes and haven't heard any feedback yet. So if you could listen and critique, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Hey there! I think overall you've done a good job (and perhaps I'm not even the right guy to say otherwise Blush) but what I would concentrate a bit more on is the drums. Of course this is a matter of taste, (as with everything in music) but I would have worked the EQs a bit more. The kit is kind of dull. Can't say the actual frequencies now but I would try and remove the "boxiness" and brighten everything up a bit (on the separate channels).

When I mix drums I use the "top-down" method since I find that method the easiest. Starting with overheads (mostly I just EQ them), then go on to room-mics (these I both EQ and compress and if needed I may even throw on a reverb) and then I go on to the near-mics.

Anyway, good job and keep it up! Smile