Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Second Hard Core Mix
(22-01-2016, 09:57 AM)baschdi Wrote: For me its definitly your second version. Nice mix overall! 2 things came to my ears when listening. First, i got the feeling that the hi-hat (panned about half-left in your mix) doesnt match the location of the hi-hat on the overheads track, producing some wierd phase effects. might not be the panning but some difference in phase between the overhead mics and the close mic of the hi-hat, hard to tell. 2nd thing is sth rather personal. For me the Reverb on the vocals is too obvious, especially in the breaks, when there is room in the arrangement. maybe use some automation to reduce the volume of your FX return. But maybe thats exactly the effect you wanted to achieve and its just me :p i like the balance between your guitars and the vocals a lot! Most people tend to mix the vocals too loud which makes the band sound small and weakish (especially in heavier rock music) Big Grin your vocal is sitting in the mix nicely!

Edit: After listening again focusing on the hihat, i am 90% sure that the hihat is sitting at about 50% right side on the overheads track, while the hihat track itself is panned to about 50% left, which seems to produce some irritating effects.

Thanks for your comments, well I heard OH track soloed and the hi hat is in the middle, I pan to the right and the mix feel unbalanced, I put some dly on hit hat. Vocal has a simple rev that I liked test, it hasnĀ“t any parameter to change it I reduce some rev level.
regards

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Hat Dly.mp3 --  (Download: 5.49 MB)