Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's my version
Hi, I tried to mix this nice russian song. Had some problem with the bassdrum to be heard in the mix, but I think I got it in the end. Or what you think ?

Thanks
/Peter

.mp3    KakTvoiDelaVova.mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

Hey Peter,

Thanks for posting your mix. Well, you can definitely hear the kick! Nice balance of all your elements, although to my ears the mid-range elements are a little low in the mix. I'd like the guitars to have little more presence, and maybe to have a touch fuller lead vocal. I wonder if the kick has a bit too prominent a place in the mix, but that may be an aesthetic/taste thing. I'm so used to hearing these tracks, and the way I've mixed them. The kick isn't excessive, but it's definitely a processed sound, as is the snare and the lead vox, which gives the whole track a different vibe. Hope I've explained that okay, and it's not wrong, it's just different to what I'm used to. Again (personally) I'd like a little more snare, and I'm not a fan of the FX you've used on the lead vox, but that's okay. All up, a good mix Smile
Thank You Audiomuze for your detailed review and for listening. I think my biggest problem when mixing is when I'm working with one track, that after a while it's hard to hear something else. I think a good idea for me would be to take a brake between each track. And yes you explained well, I understand what you mean :-)
Thanks again, I hope one day I will be able to give more in depth reviews myself. At now I can just say if I like it or not but I appreciate all who takes time to write something :-)

thx
Peter
(07-07-2015, 05:47 PM)PeterEkberg Wrote: Hi, I tried to mix this nice russian song. Had some problem with the bassdrum to be heard in the mix, but I think I got it in the end. Or what you think ?
for me bass guitar is "dominating" the kick but for me it's ok
but the rest it's a little messy Smile too much of high tones and midrange is not pleasant to ear,
and vocal is too much backstage for me.

wod4
Hi Wod4
According to prevous post from Audiomuze the mid range are little low, so I guees it's ok then :-) if I take the middleway of what You both think :-)
Thanks for listening and comments though.

Keep rocking
/Peter
The kick is a tad too heavy compared to the guitars. The guitars may need some more definition and a little more presence. Vocals sound good but need to come up a dB or two.
Hello Stoman

Thanks for listening and I can agree about the drum when hearing it now. In fact you are correct on all you're saying. At the time I had new speakers and I blame it on them :-)
It's a fine line balancing the guitars to not take to much space. If it would have been a more guitar driven song I'd probably would have made them more "visible".

Thanks again
/P