Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Through my Eyes" through my ears
(09-07-2015, 08:45 PM)PeterEkberg Wrote: Hi Gexx
I think I found the problem. It was a stereoenhancer that messed up for some reason. So thanks for making me listen over again. I uploaded a new version I think is much better. You got good ears my friend :-)

I was also listening to your version and it need some more works I think. The hardest thing is when You know whats wrong but not how to fix it. I think there something that messes with the voice. I would say a de-esser mybe would fix it. At least from what I understand a de-esser is good for, but I didn't use one so I guess you put some strange effect on the voice ??

Thanks again for your time

/Peter

Yeah this one definetely better.... good job...

something that messed with the voice is Kramer master tape stereo plugin , I was setting the flutter a bit too much.... I want it to sounds a little bit like cassette tape recording... , but I guess I overdid it... , btw thanks for listening my mix and your feedback too Smile
(09-07-2015, 11:32 PM)Gexx Wrote: Yeah this one definetely better.... good job...

something that messed with the voice is Kramer master tape stereo plugin , I was setting the flutter a bit too much.... I want it to sounds a little bit like cassette tape recording... , but I guess I overdid it... , btw thanks for listening my mix and your feedback too Smile

I love the Kramer Master Tape, but it is easy to overdo :-)

Hi Peter
Nice Version pretty good balance,on my monitors sounds a little bright in the top end with the cymbals ,especially the vocals brittle , siblant above 4k with can also hear a resonance in the mid bass frequencies .
Wondering what vocal treatment you used to try to help more if you wan't.

cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello Thedon
Thanks for comments :-) You could be right, I'm a sucker for treble and sometimes I overdo it :-) I try though, to not make the cymbals shine too much, maybe they do, I will have a listen again. For vocals I used Kramer Tape and I also vocal doubler. I'm pretty pleased with the vocals but You can be right anyway. I still in the learning process and have to train my ears a little more. It's a process for me, but I think I'm progressing step by step.

Thanks again
/Peter
(09-07-2015, 11:46 AM)PeterEkberg Wrote: I still have a little hard to understand how much of compressor to use, but Iguess my ears getting more and more trained.

The key to comfortably using a compressor is to identify the problem you're trying to solve. If you know exactly why you need or want to use a compressor, then deciding on settings is much easier.

Think about what your instincts are telling you. If you can't find a fader level that feels right, get it as close as you can and think about WHY it still doesn't feel right. If it's poking out and distracting you in short bursts, think about fast attack/release settings and a high threshold, for instance. For something like a bass guitar that isn't maintaining a stable low end for more than a moment, slower settings and a lower threshold make more sense.

Once you get that worked out, how much compression is really just a matter of what it takes to solve the problem... there's no right answer. Just as often, personal taste is the biggest deciding factor.
(24-07-2015, 12:44 AM)Bold Beagle Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 11:46 AM)PeterEkberg Wrote: I still have a little hard to understand how much of compressor to use, but Iguess my ears getting more and more trained.

The key to comfortably using a compressor is to identify the problem you're trying to solve. If you know exactly why you need or want to use a compressor, then deciding on settings is much easier.

Think about what your instincts are telling you. If you can't find a fader level that feels right, get it as close as you can and think about WHY it still doesn't feel right. If it's poking out and distracting you in short bursts, think about fast attack/release settings and a high threshold, for instance. For something like a bass guitar that isn't maintaining a stable low end for more than a moment, slower settings and a lower threshold make more sense.

Once you get that worked out, how much compression is really just a matter of what it takes to solve the problem... there's no right answer. Just as often, personal taste is the biggest deciding factor.

Thank You Beagle for this advice. It sounds really as a good rule. I will keep that in mind from now. Appreciate it very much.
Best Wishes
/P