Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Through my Eyes" through my ears
Well heres my mix of this fine song. Hope You'll like it.

Thanks
/Peter

.mp3    ThroughMyEyes.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

Beautiful Mix.
But the Piano was widely panned. Just my view though. Smile
Thank You Kryptic, I was actually very pleased myself for once :-) So You brought a smile to my face. Looking at the piano now, it was panned -20 +18 it was maybe too much. Will have a listen later.

Thanks again
/Peter
(05-07-2015, 04:00 PM)kryptic_noize Wrote: Beautiful Mix.
But the Piano was widely panned. Just my view though. Smile

Hey Kryptic
I think I stick to the piano panning :-) Thanks for your opinion anyway, appreciate it.

/Peter

did you side chain the guitars and bass with kick ? , I feel something awkard in low mid freq about 100-200 Hz... , I think it is over-compressed
(08-07-2015, 05:02 PM)Gexx Wrote: did you side chain the guitars and bass with kick ? , I feel something awkard in low mid freq about 100-200 Hz... , I think it is over-compressed

Hello Gexx
Thank You for listening. I really appreciate it. I don't sidechain the guitars and bass with the kick, but with the vocals. But it's very little. I have adjusted it further now, do you still here it ? I didn't use very much compression on the guitars or the bass.
Thanks for Your time. :-)

/Peter

.mp3    ThroughMyEyes2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

I think this one is better... , but it would be perfect if the vocal can use some more of the space.... , because I think the main point of interest of this song is the vocal and the second is the piano... , but you did well on the piano I like it.... , The melodic guitars sounds good too... but I think it's taking up too much space...

well that's only my opinion... overall it's a good mix , you just need to enhance some more of the elements like EQ and compressor settings Smile
(09-07-2015, 10:41 AM)Gexx Wrote: I think this one is better... , but it would be perfect if the vocal can use some more of the space.... , because I think the main point of interest of this song is the vocal and the second is the piano... , but you did well on the piano I like it.... , The melodic guitars sounds good too... but I think it's taking up too much space...

well that's only my opinion... overall it's a good mix , you just need to enhance some more of the elements like EQ and compressor settings Smile

Yes, You are right the vocals are the main thing here. It's funny when I started learning about mixing, I just thought it was all about using as much tools as possible (almost), but the more I practice the less tools I use or at least I don't pull them to the maximum :-). I still have a little hard to understand how much of compressor to use, but Iguess my ears getting more and more trained. One thing I noticed here is sometimes that some people are more focused on the technique and totally forget about the song. What instruments are important to hear and so. Anyway I am happy for you taken the time to write. Do YOu have some mix yourself you are extra proud of ?

Best
/Peter
(09-07-2015, 11:46 AM)PeterEkberg Wrote: Yes, You are right the vocals are the main thing here. It's funny when I started learning about mixing, I just thought it was all about using as much tools as possible (almost), but the more I practice the less tools I use or at least I don't pull them to the maximum :-). I still have a little hard to understand how much of compressor to use, but Iguess my ears getting more and more trained. One thing I noticed here is sometimes that some people are more focused on the technique and totally forget about the song. What instruments are important to hear and so. Anyway I am happy for you taken the time to write. Do YOu have some mix yourself you are extra proud of ?

Best
/Peter

Yeah me too... I kind understand that , I've been there too... , Im currently study mixing/mastering in my college , Its my second year now so Im not so proud of myself about mixing Im just a beginer.... , there's so many things either that I need to learn.....
for me experience is the best teacher... just keep moving forward , learn , fail , learn again.... never give up and do the best....

about compressor there is many explanation and tips on the web... my tutor said compressor is double edge blade , we did it right it will boost the mix , did it wrong will kill the mix....
there so many explanations how to use compressors , you can check this link http://www.barryrudolph.com/mix/comp.html it's explained basic compressor use , for advanced use there's many website too that give explanation how to use it like MixbusTv on youtube channel

I did mix this song too but I haven't upload it here yet... , you can check it on my soundcloud :
https://soundcloud.com/gigih-mochammad-h...g-practice
all songs in my profile was my mixing practice... , from the worst first time mix till now.... , like I said before Im not so proud bout my mix , Im still learning how to become a good engineer

so let's learn together... and doing the best... Smile
Hi Gexx
I think I found the problem. It was a stereoenhancer that messed up for some reason. So thanks for making me listen over again. I uploaded a new version I think is much better. You got good ears my friend :-)

I was also listening to your version and it need some more works I think. The hardest thing is when You know whats wrong but not how to fix it. I think there something that messes with the voice. I would say a de-esser mybe would fix it. At least from what I understand a de-esser is good for, but I didn't use one so I guess you put some strange effect on the voice ??

Thanks again for your time

/Peter

.mp3    ThroughMyEyes3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)