Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mixing of blue lit moon
[/size]hello everyone,i'm a amateur ,come from china.
My english is poor. This is my version of this song.

A month ago I began to try to learn mixing.i use a pc,and i have not Monitor headphones ,all i have mixed is in my office with a hifi headphones.
I'm waiting for your comments. Thank!Big Grin

.mp3    BlueLitMoon-creyicd.mp3 --  (Download: 4.71 MB)

(20-03-2013, 07:27 AM)Creyicd Wrote: [/size]
A month ago I began to try to learn mixing.i use a pc,and i have not Monitor headphones ,all i have mixed is in my office with a hifi headphones.

Hi, and welcome. This is a good start. You have the basic balance and some FX.

The levels of Vocal Gtr Drums Bass are OK. You have used some EQ. You have some Reverb FX on Backing vocals, that's OK too. Guitar sound is good.

If you want to improve the mix, the first thing I would do is correct the bad notes in the bass, and then bring up the bass level. You don't need the bass playing for the whole song. Use it to create more interest.

BTW - I have some IEM that are quite good for quick mixing: They are from China, and they are GOOD http://www.vsonic.com.cn/index.htm
(21-03-2013, 01:02 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote:
(20-03-2013, 07:27 AM)Creyicd Wrote: [/size]

Hi, and welcome. This is a good start. You have the basic balance and some FX.

The levels of Vocal Gtr Drums Bass are OK. You have used some EQ. You have some Reverb FX on Backing vocals, that's OK too. Guitar sound is good.

If you want to improve the mix, the first thing I would do is correct the bad notes in the bass, and then bring up the bass level. You don't need the bass playing for the whole song. Use it to create more interest.

BTW - I have some IEM that are quite good for quick mixing: They are from China, and they are GOOD http://www.vsonic.com.cn/index.htm

Thank you so much for your advice . the most trouble thing that when i rise the level of bass,it disturb the vocals.I Already Tried That many ways,but it seems make wores, i can't find the key.

and i have a AKG k77 ,dose it suit for mixing?

I think K77 should be OK for mixing. The vsonic just has better isolation from outside noise (like computer fans).

Before you can make the bass louder, you need to shift some of the notes that are played out of time. Also you may need to pitch correct some notes. I haven't done this mix myself yet, but I will definitely fix the bass first.

Also one more thing - you probably should use a HPF on that bass, cut the sound under 40 Hz, only let the drums have that range.