Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My First ...
This is my 1st mix submitted for public scrutiny. All helpful suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
John

.mp3    I\'m Alright_3.4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

Very solid, to my ears the snare is 'paper' sound, but the rest is good. Very good
(04-07-2015, 07:03 AM)zero-two Wrote: Very solid, to my ears the snare is 'paper' sound, but the rest is good. Very good

Thanks for your comments zero-two.

After listening again, with a focus on the snare/drums, I've made some subtle changes. What do you think?

jp

.mp3    I\'m Alright_3.5.mp3 --  (Download: 6.1 MB)

Hi Jr

if you want to improve your mix, make more automations. There is a lack of dynamic between the different parts like verse and chorus.

Your mix is also too dry IMO (but not the vocal, i hear the reverb too much) especially the drum.

Moreover, I suggest you tu use Rbass on the kick drum because the kick have a resonant frequency wich is too low and it can be difficult to have power in the low frequency with this kick without using something like Rbass or a trigg. Your vocal need more de-essing too.

Duguy.
Thanks for the review Duguy.
I'll listen for these problems and see if I can correct.

jp
Nice mix balance-wise. Dynamically it sounds over-compressed. Kinda squashed.
(10-08-2015, 04:33 PM)Mistergreen Wrote: ...Kinda squashed...

YES! That's what the problem is. I keep listening, knowing something just isn't right, and that's it. Thank you for your input. I need to find a better way to control loud passages. I've been experimenting with automation. I need to back off the compression and get some dynamic range back into the mix.

Thanks again,
jp
Nice mix. I agree it is a bit too compressed as a whole. I like what you did with the backing vocals and the percussion