Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I Know - mixed by mick2015
Hey guys, here's my mix of this cool 80's-ish tune. Tried to keep on that vibe of Simple Minds/Talking Heads. Feedback and comments welcome.

Cheers,
Mick

.mp3    All I Know - MIX002 MN MASTERED.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

I Like your mix ,Reminds me of this which a cd would be a great refference !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvC2LRTR8UI Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Nick Kershaw, classic! Thanks for listening Smile
Love the kick and snare in your mix! I definitely is Nik Kershaw(esque) the way you've done it. I like the breathy quality to Rich's vocals.....interesting EQ and compression(?) I wish the vocal break had been a tad louder. Other than that, I think it's a pretty sick mix! Keep up the great work!

- Matt Mann
Keyboards, Programming, Backing Vox, Samples
Avalon
(04-12-2015, 07:00 AM)Mannakin Wrote: Love the kick and snare in your mix! I definitely is Nik Kershaw(esque) the way you've done it. I like the breathy quality to Rich's vocals.....interesting EQ and compression(?) I wish the vocal break had been a tad louder. Other than that, I think it's a pretty sick mix! Keep up the great work!

- Matt Mann
Avalon

Hey Matt, thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked my mix. I couldn't resist the gated reverb on the snare, it was the first thing that came to mind on first listen! With the vocals, it was a combination of compression (including parallel), some light EQ, also a tape saturation effect into some pretty heavy de-essing. The vocals have some layered plate reverbs and very subtle stereo delay mixed in. With this mix, I also used analog summing which helped open things up. Thanks also to yourself and the group for providing the track, very cool indeed and was fun to work on!

Cheers,
Mick

(05-12-2015, 03:49 AM)mick2015 Wrote:
(04-12-2015, 07:00 AM)Mannakin Wrote: Love the kick and snare in your mix! I definitely is Nik Kershaw(esque) the way you've done it. I like the breathy quality to Rich's vocals.....interesting EQ and compression(?) I wish the vocal break had been a tad louder. Other than that, I think it's a pretty sick mix! Keep up the great work!

- Matt Mann
Avalon

Hey Matt, thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked my mix. I couldn't resist the gated reverb on the snare, it was the first thing that came to mind on first listen! With the vocals, it was a combination of compression (including parallel), some light EQ, also a tape saturation effect into some pretty heavy de-essing. The vocals have some layered plate reverbs and very subtle stereo delay mixed in. With this mix, I also used analog summing which helped open things up. Thanks also to yourself and the group for providing the track, very cool indeed and was fun to work on!

Cheers,
Mick

Mick -

I'm glad you liked it! I know it's a bit dated, but we still enjoyed the process of programming and recording the album "Chasing Ghosts" and I'm actually working on re-recording/remixing the album. If you have any questions about the song, band, instrumentation, recording, etc....please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for a fun mix!

- Matt