Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rise Up Singin MIX
Hi,

Cool song to mix, especially with the well recorded tracks!
My first feeling with the song was to try to achieve the sort of the John Mayer warmth.
I like the recorded room ambiance in the lead vocals which shows me that , if it is a nice room, it can really add to the quality/vibe of the recording!

Looking forward to get feedback!

RJ

.mp3    Rise Up Singin RJMIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

hi Erjee !

What a beautiful mix ...
The lead vocal is perfect to my ears... crystal clear !
I also had a lot of pleasure mixing that track. The recording is just splendid...

Maybe the electric guitar is a little bit too "2-3k"... but we are really speaking of small details...

The piano could be a little richer in the lows, but here too, it's really nothing...

Beautiful job.

Cheers
It's funny, listening to my mix afters yours, to see how close they are in the global vision of the song, the ambiance, the warmth ... very intersting !
Hi Xabix,

Thanks again for your feedback Smile

RJ

edit: I listened to your mix, I must say that our mixes are quite different Smile (not a bad thing ofcourse!)
Overall, your mix is much more ambient. Also we made other choices regarding tonal balances.

Always funny to hear other mixes after you made your own!

(19-03-2013, 10:34 AM)Xabix Wrote: hi Erjee !

What a beautiful mix ...
The lead vocal is perfect to my ears... crystal clear !
I also had a lot of pleasure mixing that track. The recording is just splendid...

Maybe the electric guitar is a little bit too "2-3k"... but we are really speaking of small details...

The piano could be a little richer in the lows, but here too, it's really nothing...

Beautiful job.

Cheers

Hi!

WOW Factor Detected!!

Man, your mix is awesome, it made me turn up the volume all way up! IMO, one of the best mixes of this cool song. Congratulations!
I must agree with Valladares... one of the best mixes of this song !
Relistened to it, really good Smile

Your kick is perfect ...

See ya soon for more mixing adventures guys !
Hi Valladares

Thanks, nice to hear!

RJ

(27-03-2013, 01:48 PM)Valladares Wrote: Hi!

WOW Factor Detected!!

Man, your mix is awesome, it made me turn up the volume all way up! IMO, one of the best mixes of this cool song. Congratulations!

ERJEE...great mix! period! well done.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Sounds Great ,like the vocal reverb you used Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Cool Cool mix love this , nice and solid and warm , me I like a touch more snare and slight less piano to balance it out

Ace mix

Rockin regards Memphis B
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/