Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova?" Duguy's Mix
Really a great song to mix, very well recorded and played.

Moreover, this was a great opportunity to mix a Russian song because it's pretty rare.Smile

Hope you'll enjoy, don't hesitate to comment.

.mp3    KakTvoiDelaVova Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.46 MB)

I like this mix, sounds very well to me. Nothing to complain about :-) except maybe I would prefer more punch in the snare drum, but thats me. Good work!!
Hey, yep, nice mix of all the elements. I'd agree with Peter's comment on the snare, it's quite dull/dark. But I think that the whole mix is a touch on the dull side. Just tried a broad-Q lift at just over 6k and the whole mix comes to life wonderfully! In fact, it's really nice, except I think the bass is a touch under. But nice work Smile
(23-07-2015, 02:41 AM)Audiomuze Wrote: Hey, yep, nice mix of all the elements. I'd agree with Peter's comment on the snare, it's quite dull/dark. But I think that the whole mix is a touch on the dull side. Just tried a broad-Q lift at just over 6k and the whole mix comes to life wonderfully! In fact, it's really nice, except I think the bass is a touch under. But nice work Smile

You can't really boost theses frequencis in this particular case. The snare drum has no bottom mic and this the main difficulty to deal with if you want to give some presence to the snare drum.
The lack of a bottom mix is no problem, you could try parallel distortion instead.

(26-07-2015, 07:41 PM)stoman Wrote: The lack of a bottom mix is no problem, you could try parallel distortion instead.
That a great idea and i think that it can work really great to have more harmonics.

.mp3    KakTvoiDelaVova Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 11.59 MB)