Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Patrick Talbot - Set Me Free (mix by Revino Bawuna)
Hey guys im new here, this is my mix on set me free, need some advice thanks!

.mp3    Patrick Talbot - Set Me Free (Mix by Revino Bawuna).mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

Cool mix Revino!
A few issues I've heard that you might want to look for:
- the vocal has some rather big reverb which sounds a bit detached from the rest of the band that sounds rather dry
- the horns are rather low in volume, I would push them a little to get some punch (possibly use more compression, perhaps parallel compression to give them more body)
- the keys solo sounds a bit far, while the verse keys are in your face. I would reverse that, because the solo is supposed to take the lead
- the drums are rather tiny. I would push them as well, or lower everything else, to make them punch more.
- not sure about the panning of the lead guitar solo, it doesn't make much sense to me to have a lead hard panned on the right, a lead should be bold and center IMHO (that's probably a taste thing though Wink)
Keep it up! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Ha! I loved the wondering percussion. It grabbed my ears, which is good. You really created a far-away land and I really enjoyed your mix. A lot.
I think I would have enjoyed the solos a bit hotter, but that is a very minor point. This mix really caught my ear. Excellent stuff. From the intro to the fade, this is spot on!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]