Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on Motherload
Hello,

My challenge was to mix this with only two plug-ins added, one of them being a console simulator (NLS) and the other one is a channel strip. No reverbs or other time based effects were used and I am pleased with the dry, crisp and rounded result.

.mp3    Motherload Edit 1 Export 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.94 MB)

Interesting approach, dry but good
Overall sound is a little too 'round' for me. Maybe its in the low mids - just a bit of cut in the vocal may lift it a bit.
Quite like the dryness of the sound, but with this approach I like to get the vocal right 'in your face'.
I'd also like the guitar solo automated up the center.
Real nice mix though. Just goes to show what you can do with a simple channel strip approach.
Thanks for the replies, guys. Third Party, you are making good points. Maybe I went a little bit overboard with the console simulator, hence the extreme roundness. Smile
Ok, here is my 2nd attempt to mix this song. I drifted a bit away from the dryness, put a little reverb on the lead vocal and the accordion. Mixed it on a Neve "console" instead of that trusty old Abbey Road one, and the vox should now be a little more "in your face".

.mp3    2nd attempt.mp3 --  (Download: 9.05 MB)