Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TLW - Drag (with added strings) - Updated to v1.3 *Full Mix* - FEEDBACK PLEASE
Any and all comments greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

.mp3    The Long Wait 1-3 (Full Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 11.36 MB)

.mp3    The Long Wait 1-3 (Inst Only).mp3 --  (Download: 11.35 MB)

Hey Hemi, I think the balance of your BG vox are way in front of the mix, with the drums sounding thin. I'm still not a fan of the vox (i think they were run through some kind of BBE maximizer or something, or the mic chosen for her was just a terrible choice). Also, one of the male background vocals sounds like it was Autotuned, but I think some of the notes were incorrectly "fixed." I like the creative delays you used, and your acoustic sounds nice. Maybe your bass could be rounded out a little more? Also, your fade out could be much smoother.

It's a good start on a ridiculously difficult track to mix. Keep it up!

Welcome to the site!

Draper
Hey Draper,

Thanks so much for the feedback - another set of ears are always welcome. On another listen (over 75, whew!), with your comments in mind, I agree with you on all points. I chalk it up to listening fatigue. Another updated version will be uploaded today and I would appreciate you checking out the mix and commenting to assure that I addressed all points adequately. Of all issues the fade at the end is perhaps the most troublesome but I'm sure I can make it better.

What do you think about the strings? In a nutshell, this is how I did them. I took the 11_ElecGtr2Mic1 panned far left and 11_ElecGtr2Mic2 panned far right and soloed those tracks. I selected the area of the mix where I wanted strings and rendered them. I submitted the resulting mp3 to http://www.ofoct.com/audio-converter/con...-midi.html to convert to midi. I loaded the midi into SynthFont (synthfont.com) and rendered them using the General MIDI Synth Font file SGM-V2.01.sf2 (the best free sound font!) rendering to wav and pasted it to a new track. And now you have stereo strings.

If you'd like to try that Sound Font, you can download it from my google drive at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byf9Qbl...sp=sharing ... about 240mb.

Thanks again for the comments and the welcome!

Later,
hemiSound