Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's My Right
Here's my mix. Thanks for Listening.

.mp3    BoogieSnakes_ItsMyRight_Dangerous.mp3 --  (Download: 9.9 MB)

G'day Dangerous !
Really enjoyed listening to your mix a lot better job than i ended up with ,I like the the stereo effect on the guitars !
The Initial hit of the Hi Hat is jumping out just a touch maybe around 8k up 1 or 2 db max ,could be my monitors or a personal taste thing ,being really critical of a great sounding mix !
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi thedon,
Thanks for the positive feedback! I think are probably right about the Hi Hats. I generally struggle getting overheads and cymbals to sound and sit nice. On this track I've actually muted the Hi Hat track and relied on the overheads and room mic. I tend to try and get a lot of my drum sound from the overheads and then fatten things up by bringing up the close mics where needed. Obviously this depends on how they are recorded. The real problem I have working this way is the overheads are so reactive and I found this particularly with this song, trying to balance the Cymbals against the Hi Hat. One is either too loud or too soft. Might have experiment with some multi band compression or side chaining. Thanks Again. Nice to hear from another Reaper user. Cheers!