Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Love Is Here To Stay - Olli H
My main reference with this one was Al Schmitts mixes in Paul McCartneys Kisses On THe Bottom CD. I also listened some old Doris Day songs.

.mp3    our-love-is-2015-06-01-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 10.69 MB)

Lovely mix Olli......It sounds just like my 2nd version will sound. Love the ambiance and balance....great job
thanks
Listening on monitors and headphones enjoyed listening ,nice full sound with punchy bottom end with dynamics intact !
Great job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

thanks
Interesting vocal reverb/delay.. slap? It sounds like there is a frequency in the midrange that is building up.. maybe 1kish. I love the dynamics and placement of the rest of the instruments.. fits very well and fills out the stage. Really liking the sax too. I like it the best of all the mixes so far! I like what you did with the snare too.. Not on top of her but not unnaturally placed. Great job, I really enjoyed listening.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Thanks,
(05-06-2015, 10:35 AM)iShouldBsleeping Wrote: Interesting vocal reverb/delay.. slap? It sounds like there is a frequency in the midrange that is building up.. maybe 1kish.

It's actually 5 different delay-reverb-modulation-eq effect-chains going on at the same time.

(05-06-2015, 10:35 AM)iShouldBsleeping Wrote: I love the dynamics and placement of the rest of the instruments.. fits very well and fills out the stage. Really liking the sax too. I like it the best of all the mixes so far!
I used very little compression on this one. Something like 1-2 dB reduction here and there. So something that shouldn't be audible at all when listened in solo. But I use prefx level automation here and there to do some levelling.

(05-06-2015, 10:35 AM)iShouldBsleeping Wrote: I like what you did with the snare too.. Not on top of her but not unnaturally placed. Great job, I really enjoyed listening.

I spent some time with snare to make it focused and centered.

You must have very good ears as you've nicely picked up those things that were important to me.

Sounds really good to me, great job!
Yes Ollie that Esss right at the start was hard to tame. I like the reverb ambience when the sax plays. Well tamed bass that was very dominant in this song. She was quite breathy at times I had to vol auto those. very nice mix.