Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please have a listen
Please have a listen, what can I do to make it better?

.mp3    Timboz_Pony-01-MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 9.48 MB)

I think this mix sounds okay: levels are generally good/I can hear everything - this is a great start. I would definitely pull up a reference track. Use that reference track (preferably in the same genre) to get: 1) the presence of the kick drum and snare 3) the energy and tonal quality of the guitars. A reference track I used was Second And Sebring by Of Mice & Men.

There's also another way that I like to use reference tracks. I will pull up multiple reference tracks that each feature an element that I want to achieve in my own mix. For example, if I want a huge snare sound, I will pull up a song that has a huge snare. However, if I were also looking to get the bass/kick relationship right, I would pull up another reference track - even if I am using both reference tracks for the same mix.

Good luck!
thendersmixing
(02-06-2015, 06:25 AM)thendersmixing Wrote: I think this mix sounds okay: levels are generally good/I can hear everything - this is a great start. I would definitely pull up a reference track. Use that reference track (preferably in the same genre) to get: 1) the presence of the kick drum and snare 3) the energy and tonal quality of the guitars. A reference track I used was Second And Sebring by Of Mice & Men.

There's also another way that I like to use reference tracks. I will pull up multiple reference tracks that each feature an element that I want to achieve in my own mix. For example, if I want a huge snare sound, I will pull up a song that has a huge snare. However, if I were also looking to get the bass/kick relationship right, I would pull up another reference track - even if I am using both reference tracks for the same mix.

Good luck!
thendersmixing

Thank you very much for your suggestion!