Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kak Tvoi Dela - Phil Spector mix by Olli H
Well, it's blasphemy to mention Phil Spector in this case, but his sixties sounds was my main inspiration here.

As I "adviced" Voelund to make his mix of this song wider and more modern, I had no other choise that to make an almost mono mix my self. (It's never fun to listen one's own advice). Voelund happened to mention Phil Spector - and that was the moment when my real interest for this song arouse.

So Ronettes "Be My Baby" was the first guidance (snare with HUGE tail), and then I took Supremes' "You Can't Hurry Love", and try to stole the bass sound from there (full bass that doesn't go so low). And the rest of the instruments I tried to fit to that basis.

My mix is far from the real stuff, but it was surely fun to do.

.mp3    bruks-2015-05-29-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 11.38 MB)

As is often the case human mistakes lead to new ideas
My inability to implement modern sound lead to suggedt the absolute opposite
You pick one typical spector drum sound and team up with detroit james jameson motown bass sound
Sweet inspiration
Cant wait to hear it in my mix environment which happen to be many miles away right now

The story remind me of my mix of Mikes Sulking from this site. I thought sulking meant rickshaw and mixed the music with asian crowd sounds. And it made sense to me.
Sometimes we are blessed with lucky mistakes. Congratulations in advance of hestin it. Can only be good Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I like your version olli
It's amazing how different reference material especially the legendary recordings can give inspiration and emotion to how a mix will sound which is one thing i need to do
more !
Good job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts