Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Love Is Here To Stay_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Oh how I love this song - a true all-time favorite standard. I used to play this at weddings all the time going back quite a few years. These guys did such a great rendition of this song.
-------------UPDATE
6/7/2015 - This is new mix that I uploaded. I had a previous one uploaded but wasn’t happy with it. I went too crazy with processing. I did get several compliments and helpful hints from other users though (some who even liked the over-processing approach), and I really appreciate those. This mix is much better but still incorporates my style. I kept compression down to a bare minimum utilizing mostly manual edits and automation on all tracks.

Mike Senior made an excellent observation and said it would be a challenge as far as the vocal because he felt it was too compressed. Indeed, true. So the challenge was to make the vocal sound less compressed. I didn't want to use a plugin that "uncompresses" since that only makes things sound more processed to me. The way I did it was through mostly manual editing and automation. I did use a multi-band comp just slightly to even out some of the vocal resonances, but just a bit….and a de-esser. It was a challenge for me to mix this genre. I know that true Jazz enthusiasts want it to sound a certain way. But, I added my signature sort of sound to the mix hopefully without making the Jazz purists mad at me. :-)

This mix is also warmer and mellower as opposed to my "overly processed" mix, etc. Let me know what'cha think of this one.

Tom

.mp3    Our Love Is Here To Stay_9.mp3 --  (Download: 10.73 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Lovely sounding mix Tom, Enjoyed listening !
Some jazz purist may say the the brushes are a touch upfront ,and I cant hear the kick Beater Tongue lol !
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(08-06-2015, 08:31 AM)thedon Wrote: Lovely sounding mix Tom, Enjoyed listening !
Some jazz purist may say the the brushes are a touch upfront ,and I cant hear the kick Beater Tongue lol !
Good Job Big Grin

LOL...the beater is there Don, just not a "death metal" beater.....heee heee. Thanks for the props.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek