Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino On The Loose: 'Queen's Light
Very nice song but Bass is not easy to handle .
Drums: Metric Halo Channel Strip , Softube Valley dynamite use as a Gate, Mcdsp Analog Channel , Waves L2 on Overheads ( Overhead were Gate...yes i do that sometimes to make the snare and the overhead be ONE. Most of the people would gate the snare, i gate OH too)

Snare had a nasty boing and i got rid of it by making a wide cut -23.6 at 518khz with a narrow Q 0.10 with the Metric Halo channel.

Bass: I duplicate the track and put Ik multimedia Ampeg Svx on the second one and flip the phase. to make it sound less dry. ( i hate dry bass).
Bass needs more help to make it blend with the rest of the tracks ...I had no time to do it.

On most of the piano , synthe etc , i had a cut at 63khz and a boost +7at 1K

E guitar solo: Mcdsp Chrome plug ins , Channel strip , UAD pultec boost : +6 at 10 khzm and Waves Kramer with some slap delay going on.
Reverb :Uad 140

.mp3    DINO ON THE LOOSE MIX _45.mp3 --  (Download: 11.3 MB)

Rel nice sonic mix here,the only thing for me i would like the snare to have a bit more crack
its a bit too nice but apart from that i think its one of the best ive heard real good mixing this is
(16-03-2013, 09:55 PM)takka360 Wrote: Rel nice sonic mix here,the only thing for me i would like the snare to have a bit more crack
its a bit too nice but apart from that i think its one of the best ive heard real good mixing this is

Hi Takka
I tried more crack on the snare but it was a bit distracting.....
Jazz song have most of the time some sort of smooth sound on snares...
Thanks for the kind words.
Peacesound
I would more call it Acid jazz,check out a band JTQ the hammond player is a friemd of mine
Great band for this type stuff
(16-03-2013, 10:21 PM)takka360 Wrote: I would more call it Acid jazz,check out a band JTQ the hammond player is a friemd of mine
Great band for this type stuff

Hi takka
I will...thanks for the tip
P