Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Through my eyes
Thanks to all of you!
Here is my mix. I' using only free plugins and DAW.
Best wishes.
PS: All comments are welcome Smile
any comments?
Hi
What struck me is how you butchered your mix with whatever you put on your master fader to maximize the level. Sounds a little like you clipped your mixbuss too. Everything is squashed to death, there no dynamic left... That makes it difficult to judge your mix at best.

Anyway your reverbs also make the mix a bit undefined, especially the piano and drums. You might want to lower them a bit and work some more on their sound. Speaking of the drums the hat is way too loud compared to the other elements but that may be caused by the limiting/clipping on the 2-buss...
The bass and pads are really cloudy and kinda melt into some sort of mud in the low end.

As I said at the beginning of my comment there's no dynamics in your mix. Everything is loud and distorted. No section as any impact except from what the arrangement provides in terms of forward motion.

There's a lot more in a mix than what you can do with your processing... I suggest you try to do a mix with no processing at all and try to develop impact only with your balances. I think you can learn a lot from such an exercise.

Cheers
Thanks man.
(17-03-2013, 07:53 AM)teodorslavov Wrote: any comments?
over compress on vocals, notice it on the vocal size from the very first line and to the rest an overly process of a compressor limiter resulting a harshness on the overall mix. Keep compression practice until you reach the right dynamics!

Cheers!Wink