Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My somewhat valiant attempt...
Alright, I'll throw mine into the ring!

I took this one on today as a challenge... to take some not-so-great tracks and try to make a decent mix from it. I also took this opportunity to get myself acquainted with some new plugins, so there's a mix of stuff on here just to see what it would sound like. I monitored on my Yamaha HS8's and checked the mix on my AT M-50's. I usually listen in 3 other locations but I spent too long fiddling with plugins on this mix so I printed as-is and I'll re-visit once I get a chance to do some other listening.

Mix notes:
- I re-recorded the clean guitar part. My guitar was in tune, but the rest of the tracks don't seem to be tuned to A440 so it's still off a touch. If I spent more time on it I could have found their tuning, but that wasn't gonna happen.
- Didn't add anything else other than playing around with some filtered noise at the beginning and end just for fun... maybe give it some sorta industrial feel. Otherwise I could have spent a week trying to add things to the track to make it more interesting.

I haven't hung out in these forums much... but I've got more time for mixing now so I'll probably become a bit more of a participant. Seems to be some pretty knowledgeable folks here so I look forward to any feedback.

Cheers!

B.

.mp3    Haunted Age - Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.41 MB)