Poll: Do you like it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Like it
0%
0 0%
Don't like it
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's My Right - Boggiesnakes
Hey Guys!
It's the first time I post a mix of mine for people to hear so any feedback is extremely welcome.
Thanks for listening!!
JCS

.mp3    It\'s My Right.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

Hi there, welcome to the board. Do please have a look around at some other mixes (not just of this song) and offer your input to others as well, makes it more likely people will come and listen to yours.

I'd suggest downloading two or three other versions of this song, roughly level matching them, lining them all up in your DAW with your mix and just flipping between them. You'll probably immediately notice a few things others have done and things that need changing with yours. Some points that occur to me:

- kick drum has very little / no attack. Needs compression / more top end / transient designer on it. Boost at 80Hz, big cut at 250Hz, big boost at 3.5KHz or thereabouts should get you started.
- everything seems to be pretty much straight down the middle - pan those guitars to get them out of the way of the vocal.
- bass really needs to drive this song. It's too low in level and lacking in definition. Needs a healthy dose of compression and some hi-mid EQ to bring out presence and attack on the notes.
- relative levels of main guitar and vocal need to swap - guitar is too loud and vocal too quiet at the moment. Vocal needs some more compression to bring it more 'in your face' and guitar needs to back down a bit.

Hope that helps to get you started. I did a mix of this one as well, do please have listen - not that mine is perfect or anything close to it by any means, but it might give you a few ideas of things to try.

Cheers, Matt