Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long wait Drag
hey guys here is my mix, please feel free to comment.

cheers chris

.mp3    Drag.mp3 --  (Download: 7.87 MB)

Hi mixingdrummer your mix is well balanced but really dry imo,it,I think it needs a bit of ambiance aspecially the vocals,remember it has a ballad vibe going on, I played it through my hifi there are no depth in it.
Cheers for the feedback, I totally agree with you. I am still not sure about how to use effects and reverb so tend to keep things on the drier side. I will work harder on the effect and reverb side of things
hey Chris,

I like your mix. Nice sounding drums, bass and vocals -I think you've got these three core elements balanced nicely.

You've got nice separation on the guitars - but a few things stand out for me
1. The opening is nice....but maybe its a bit too wide....my correlation meter is showing negative....which means its going out of phase.
2. The acoustic out wide sounds nice in verses but during choruses when it becomes more percussive it sounds a bit disconnected.
3. Overall the guitar panning is very LCR...which is not a bad thing....in fact I'm a fan of LCR....but with little added FX/Ambience... the hard left/right panning is leaving a lot of dead space in the stereo image.

At the end of the day its your mix so its your call, just food for thought on what I'm hearing.

cheers

p.s FX is major discipline so worth learning properly....and i agree, staying on the dry side while you're figuring things out is probably a better call than overdoing it.
I love tone your were able to get out of your vocals. How did you process your lead? I agree with Hb that your LCR style is pretty solid, minus the holes he brought up. I agree you should be working on your skills minus effects, ATM, but the earlier you jump into routing into multiple reverbs for different spaces (ie for the drums, try creating one smaller room reverb that has your drum bus and individual kick and snare sent to it, as well as a larger room drum reverb, with the drum buss, individual drum mics and the other reverb sent to it). If you're not familiar with the process of using Aux tracks, study up on that as you can do all sorts of different processing tricks with them. Overall, very well done!

Thanks for the mix!
Draper