Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milk Cow Blues Unofficial Mix by audioMan
Here is my mix. I really liked this song, very simple but masterful arrangement.

Here are some notes about my mix:

Mixed in Mixbus.

Used Slate Digital Revival (which is free, you should get it) and The Glue compressor on the master bus.

De-essed the vocal.

Used Voxengo Stereo Touch (also free) on the vocal and the electric guitar as a delay.

For reverb, I used Focusrite's Scarlett Reverb plugin.

The EQ and compression, along with the tape saturation in Mixbus was used on most tracks. Rather subtly though.

The rest was just panning and levels. No automation on this one.

I then pre-mastered the mix in WaveLab Elements 8, with my main tool being the Waves Linear Phase Multi-band Compressor and the Steinberg Tube Compressor (as a parallel compressor).

Feedback is greatly appreciated Smile

- audioMan

.m4a    Milk Cow Blues Unoffical Mix by audioMan.m4a --  (Download: 11.64 MB)

Hi Audio man
Your Mix sounds well balanced , A little heavy in the Bottom end bass and a dip in the upper mid mid area !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(20-05-2015, 10:35 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Audio man
Your Mix sounds well balanced , A little heavy in the Bottom end bass and a dip in the upper mid mid area !

I thought the bass carried the song along nicely, which is why it's a little heavy. Maybe too heavy? What exactly do you mean about the upper mids?

Thanks,

audioMan

(20-05-2015, 07:38 PM)audioMan Wrote:

I thought the bass carried the song along nicely, which is why it's a little heavy. Maybe too heavy? What exactly do you mean about the upper mids?

Thanks,

audioMan
Had another listen on monitors can hear a dip in the the 4-8k area and boosted Hi frequencies 8k and above after listening to reference music which is a good way i find to to keep my ears and monitors hopefully on the right track Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(21-05-2015, 08:32 AM)thedon Wrote:
(20-05-2015, 07:38 PM)audioMan Wrote:

Thanks,

audioMan
Had another listen on monitors can hear a dip in the the 4-8k area and boosted Hi frequencies 8k and above after listening to reference music which is a good way i find to to keep my ears and monitors hopefully on the right track Big Grin.

I apologize, but I still don't understand your point...

- audioMan