Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Delilah mix by David Mann
Hi Everyone, My name is David, I am a Sound Designer normally working as a Sound Effects Editor for TV shows at Universal Studios.
Mixing is a hobby ( I did study it for two years 20 years ago ).

Any way, love to get feedback from you experience mixers or just what my mix make you feel . Thanks in advance .. David Mann

.m4a    Hey Delilah.m4a --  (Download: 14.34 MB)

Any one?
First impression is your environment, which I liked right off the bat. You balances may need some attention, though. The guitars, keys and organ seem to be lost against the vocals (not yet sitting right). You present the drums and bass well which makes a great bed for the instruments, but they are not quite there yet IMHO. Things change a bit after the break and you got the solo pretty well, but the rest of the band disappears. What was your playback level? If it was turned up, turn it down and try a go at your mix at that level.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks so much for the feed back, Yes hearing it now after year and a half it sound great to me in high volume but not so great in low volume, I guess I was mixing loud not checking in lower volume,
Thanks again

David
(12-03-2017, 06:47 PM)dedymann Wrote: Thanks so much for the feed back, Yes hearing it now after year and a half it sound great to me in high volume but not so great in low volume, I guess I was mixing loud not checking in lower volume,
Thanks again

David

David, did this site catch on for you?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]