Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hey Carrie Anne" my mix and mastering.
Hi guys! Check out my mix, and please tell us what you think about it.Thank you!

Oh yeah , bit rate of 192 kilobits =/

.mp3    Hey Carrie Anne (mix).mp3 --  (Download: 4.15 MB)

.mp3    Hey Carrie Anne (mastering).mp3 --  (Download: 4.15 MB)

Hi Elisha,

Nicely done. I got a bit distracted at times with the reverb on the vocal. An atmospheric sort of sound. Not a lot of upfront feeling on the vocal because of that I think. That's an interesting aspect too, because the song is so gentle and "floating", yet I wanted to hear some urgency/desperation in the vocal, but in general the melody and performance didn't seem to have that...not something we can change in the mix really Smile

I liked the way you let the music build and not get covered by more vocals in the last part of the song - seems like a good decision.

Thanks for sharing - happy mixing!
John
(29-06-2015, 06:26 PM)jh16 Wrote: Hi Elisha,

Nicely done. I got a bit distracted at times with the reverb on the vocal. An atmospheric sort of sound. Not a lot of upfront feeling on the vocal because of that I think. That's an interesting aspect too, because the song is so gentle and "floating", yet I wanted to hear some urgency/desperation in the vocal, but in general the melody and performance didn't seem to have that...not something we can change in the mix really Smile

I liked the way you let the music build and not get covered by more vocals in the last part of the song - seems like a good decision.

Thanks for sharing - happy mixing!
John

Thank you, John!