Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektakulatius: 'Wayfaring Stranger'
Here is version 1 of this lovely song
Great Recording ,i learned a lot from this recording !
The ride cymbal bleed is a challenge,one good challenge i also have with recording drums besides loud Hi Hats Angry lol !

.mp3    wayfaring stranger v2..mp3 --  (Download: 11.74 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi, Don! I think that you should bring the sax closer, I think that in this song both the piano and the sax 'fight' for their specific important parts in the song and they should be both closer and not only the piano. Of course, automation here is important to enhance those 'moments of glory' that each one deserves, so it's important not to keep one that far!

But other than that, I love those drums... Smile
mixing since April 2013
(11-05-2015, 07:45 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Hi, Don! I think that you should bring the sax closer, I think that in this song both the piano and the sax 'fight' for their specific important parts in the song and they should be both closer and not only the piano. Of course, automation here is important to enhance those 'moments of glory' that each one deserves, so it's important not to keep one that far!

But other than that, I love those drums... Smile
Hi Juan
I agree, I think i will do a remix soon !
Uploaded the same mix in Stereo ,just noticed the first one was mixed down in Mono by accident Blush.

Thanks Big Grin

Hey don't worry about the mistake.... do you know what? I have posted a mix to the weathervane music forum and someone pointed out that the kick was missing. In fact I noticed that and I exported the mix correctly, but I made a mistake when uploading the file and I uploaded the wrong one! It must be age :S
mixing since April 2013
Not bad, man.

The kick sounds really good, but the bass sounds a touch ambiguous/lacking in definition at times. I really like where you've placed the side sticks in the mix, but like Juanjose I feel the sax has a more important musical role than its spacial positioning is allowing for.

Is the mix hitting a buss compressor a little too much when she's going for power?

Re: accidentally mixing to mono. That's happened to me more than once... drives me crazy!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(27-05-2015, 10:44 PM)pauli Wrote: Not bad, man.

The kick sounds really good, but the bass sounds a touch ambiguous/lacking in definition at times. I really like where you've placed the side sticks in the mix, but like Juanjose I feel the sax has a more important musical role than its spacial positioning is allowing for.

Is the mix hitting a buss compressor a little too much when she's going for power?

Re: accidentally mixing to mono. That's happened to me more than once... drives me crazy!

Thanks Pauli
I am going to do have another play around with less processing also !

Very good to my ears.

Excellent vox sound. Love it.

Bass kick conversation is not the bass possible. Maybe you have too much transients in kick or something. Or is there sidechaining to bass. That’s only issue that came to my mind.

I also agree with Pauli about the bass. Maybe some cut somewhere around 100-200 in bass could give more definition to it.

Wonderful mix!