Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark ride - piece of me
this was a great song to mix super tracking done on the bands part here is my offering for your suggestions.

UPDATE:

After hearing from blitz I tailored the kick and added some rawness to the sound. reading the other comments he posted on different mixes they went for a killswitch sound so I used that as a ref track

.mp3    piece of me-presounus.mp3 --  (Download: 9.65 MB)

.mp3    piece_of_me-presounus_take_3_cs.mp3 --  (Download: 12.23 MB)

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
From a technical standpoint your mix is balanced and has some nice tricks and ideas. I don't like the sound of the kick and the mix itself sounds too clean, too processed and somewhat "distant". It was hard for me to connect to your mix emotionally. I missed the "in your face"-attitude of the original mix and the raw power and impact of the guitars. Like Andy Sneap said in an interview: "I always dial back all my eq and compressor settings by 10-20 percent just to make sure the mix doesn't sound too seperated and clean."

Oh, and those guitars... I don't know why so many people always cut away the mids from the rhythm guitars. Sure, too much mids and they will sound muddy and honky. But this is clearly not the case with this song.
thank you for your insight bro I will go back and bring some more in your face sound to it and voice the kick better and bring a more raw sound to it I just treated my room so im still dialing in my sound but this is very insightful the remix will be much better thank for sharing your tracks I love your music and it a pleasure to mix.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”