Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dark Ride "Piece Of Me" CHECK IT OUT
Thanks for listening
I need your opinion about this mix

.mp3    Dark Ride -Piece Of Me.mp3 --  (Download: 4.96 MB)

Very Good! I like it. Great Bass and kick.
(10-05-2015, 05:28 AM)Fredmont Wrote: Very Good! I like it. Great Bass and kick.

Thank youBlush
very good mix bro just a tiny bit too much low end tho its a very subtle adjustment but everything seems well blended and everything sits well.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
(11-05-2015, 03:41 AM)DGarner Wrote: very good mix bro just a tiny bit too much low end tho its a very subtle adjustment but everything seems well blended and everything sits well.

Thanks, bro Smile
It's more then just a tiny bit Smile the kick needs needs more attack/presence and less body to really cut through. I can't even hear all the cool triplet and doublebass figures starting at 1:00 because the kick sounds so muffled and muddy. It also seems that the kick is pushing your bus compressor to hard because the mix starts to pump unnaturally with the doublebass in the last chorus

the biggest problem of this mix is the snare: it sounds overcompressed and lifeless. This is extremly noticeable in the bridge when the whole band comes down but the snare still sounds like a steamhammer. This totally kills the emotion and build up of this part - I can't even hear the ghost notes here.

try to cut away the lower mids from the kick and reduce the oooomph and back of the compression for the snare. the snare should sound more natural in the bridge so you probably have to use automation to bring the sample down and the original snare mics up or use a seperate snare track for this part.

Hey,
it's already written, but i think it's to much low end, particularly in the Guitar i think. I think the balance between Guitars and Bass Guitar is not so good.
The positions of the instruments are good. I like the Snare sound. But in the bridge... i agree with Blitzzz.
You added delay to the Guitars? The whole time?

Sry for my bad english.
(13-05-2015, 09:26 PM)Reaper Wrote: Hey,
it's already written, but i think it's to much low end, particularly in the Guitar i think. I think the balance between Guitars and Bass Guitar is not so good.
The positions of the instruments are good. I like the Snare sound. But in the bridge... i agree with Blitzzz.
You added delay to the Guitars? The whole time?

Sry for my bad english.

I added delay only to the solo. Bass is too loud 'cause I'm a big fan of Korn sound Smile
Maybe I have problems with the balance 'cuz I use headphones during mixin'. Can't wait to buy Yamaha HS 8
And thanks for your feedback!
(11-05-2015, 02:05 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: It's more then just a tiny bit Smile the kick needs needs more attack/presence and less body to really cut through. I can't even hear all the cool triplet and doublebass figures starting at 1:00 because the kick sounds so muffled and muddy. It also seems that the kick is pushing your bus compressor to hard because the mix starts to pump unnaturally with the doublebass in the last chorus

the biggest problem of this mix is the snare: it sounds overcompressed and lifeless. This is extremly noticeable in the bridge when the whole band comes down but the snare still sounds like a steamhammer. This totally kills the emotion and build up of this part - I can't even hear the ghost notes here.

try to cut away the lower mids from the kick and reduce the oooomph and back of the compression for the snare. the snare should sound more natural in the bridge so you probably have to use automation to bring the sample down and the original snare mics up or use a seperate snare track for this part.

Thank you for your feedback Wink
I think the sound of snare is a question of taste, I prefer progressive and overcompressed sound in that kind of genre
(14-05-2015, 04:14 PM)Thomas Rivera Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 02:05 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: It's more then just a tiny bit Smile the kick needs needs more attack/presence and less body to really cut through. I can't even hear all the cool triplet and doublebass figures starting at 1:00 because the kick sounds so muffled and muddy. It also seems that the kick is pushing your bus compressor to hard because the mix starts to pump unnaturally with the doublebass in the last chorus

Thank you for your feedback Wink
I think the sound of snare is a question of taste, I prefer progressive and overcompressed sound in that kind of genre
I agree every mix is subjective but as blitz being the one who wrote and tracked it I mix to his liking, as in my mix I had to do some work to tailor it to his taste that's whats great about this forum when the band comments it helps you obtain great tips for there style and helps in the long run as you mix for other people.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”