Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot - Blue
Hi,

This is my mix of this song.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

Good listening.

.mp3    Blue.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

Good mix. Maybe mono drums would fit better this kind of songs.
I like your mix Fabien! I like the depth you created by pushing the vibes/rhodes far in the space you created.
I find them a little bit too loud though, they are really pads more than anything.
I don't agree with the suggestion of making the drums mono, I like that they have some depths and width.
I think the bass is a bit loud or has a bit too much resonance and is blurring the clarity of your mix.
Apart from that, great feel and nice mix! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Hi,

Thank you for your comments.
About the drum, only the overhead microphones and the toms are lightly panned, everything else is centered.
I've done a new mix following your recommendations. Tell me.

Regards.

.mp3    Blue_02.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

Sounds good Fabien! Now the only thing that I think could be improved is that the vocals are a little too loud, I wonder if you could not make them fit with the band instead of being so upfront? I think it's a level thing though, and 1 or 2db less volume would make them sit better.
Great job! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thank you Patrick,

I noticed the same thing after posting my mix, so I've done a last one.

Regards

.mp3    Blue_03.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

Sounds better now Fabien. Cool mix! Smile

Some air moved here
(01-06-2015, 10:31 PM)ptalbot Wrote: Sounds better now Fabien. Cool mix! Smile

I'm glad you like it!