Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mister Mister
Hey guys,

Just finished doing a mix of Mister Mister, so thought I'd post it. Feedback is most welcome, and is a great way of getting different insights into a mix.

I find it a bit difficult that Telelfunken are using this recording as promotion of their microphones!! The lead vocal track is just so unpleasant at around 4k - my first thought was that they've got the wrong microphone on his voice, then I realised it was supposed to be a microphone-promotion thing... oops. The rest of the tracks weren't bad, but there was generally a buildup around 4k across the whole mix.

Did anyone else have any problems with the tracks? My OVERHEAD_L track cut out about halfway through, and was unusable. Also the NORD ELECTRO DI tracks were blank tracks...??

Thanks, and happy mixing!

.mp3    Mister Mister-Mix 01.mp3 --  (Download: 11.33 MB)

I think that you are wrong about 4k on main vocal ( I think that you were talking about 2k) . Good mix but you need more reverb to glue things together . I find the back vocals panned R around 3:00 distracting.
Hi Obelix,

Thanks for your comments mate, appreciate you taking the time to do that. Good point about the backing vocals. Cheers Smile
Just posting an updated mix. I've just changed my monitoring setup, and am revisiting a few mixes and working on some new ones, trying to get a feel for the new setup. I'm think I'm finally hearing more of the mix now, and less of my room!

Cheers.

.mp3    Mister Mister-Mix 02.mp3 --  (Download: 11.34 MB)

Hi Audiomuze
I haven't Downloaded the multi tacks for this mix yet.
I'm not near monitors at the moment listening to your mixes on Headphones actually having fun comparing Krk 8400 to new Hd 600's.
I can Hear the difference I like mix 2 the bass and kick and tambourine and overall levels sound is much better than version 1.
The Piano in the intro the right hand higher notes are loud compared to the Left hand lower chords.
The vocals S'ssss,T'ssss ,H'ssss sound like a challenge if you haven't tried this maybe taming the them with multi band compression in those frequencies and, or Parametrec eq as conventional compression will only enhance them But in saying that when i get around to having a try may change my mind and put it in the too hard Basket lol Big Grin !

Cheers !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey, thanks for the listen & the comments! Much appreciated. Hmm, yes, have a go at the mix and then get back to me! Horrible vocal sound, very sharp, brittle sound on the recording, I've taken heaps out, & de-essed...... I found it very hard to be objective about if I'd done enough/too much. I think you're right though, there's still too much sibilance. And yes, I thought the 2nd piano part/chords was too soft as well, but it was all in the one track, alas, so it's not possible to adjust their relative volumes. Or, what do you think, could you compress the louder part & lift the softer part? I just had a fiddle with it, but it affects the tone of the louder part too much. But well noticed.

Glad to hear you're having fun comparing headphones, hope you like the new ones. Will look forward to hearing your mix of this.

Cheers Smile